Sunday, February 13, 2011

Journal reading........

FRIDAY
 This year I encourage my form 5 Angsana students  to keep their own journals. I ask them to write down what they do, feel, experience or anything they want to in this journal. It can be personal ( but not too personal or sensitive )  if they want to share it with me, or anything that they want me to know. I would like them to express themselves, their thoughts, worries, happiness and ideas in English.  I would like them to keep in touch with the language through writing.  Today, I read their first diary entries for the month of February. I enjoyed reading all their entries and responded where necessary. I get to know them; what they felt, their happiness and frustration,  naughty things they did ( normal things teenagers do of course ) and even haircuts ( for the girls who cover their hair ). All these made me smile.  I have been asking them what to write all this while and I could anticipate what I would get when I mark their essays. However , today it was a little different because I was looking forward to their writing, wanting to know what I would get to read…….I am looking forward to another Friday…