Wednesday, February 2, 2011

What it feels like being surrounded by musicians.......

My children inherit the talent of their father.....good at music ( unlike me who is music blind, but  at least  I was pretty good at singing when I was a teenager ). My eldest is doing a music course in UiTM and she plays the piano and last semester she decided to learn violin, while my second son, Faris who is the most talented of them all plays the guitar, a little bit of the piano ( though he has no proper formal classes for that ), trumpet ( he was a trumpeter in the school band ) and also the drum. My little ones, Dayana plays the piano ( she has the least interest and talent in music among her siblings  ) and Danish, though hasn't yet taken any formal music lessons likes playing the piano ( still struggling but he is a fast learner ), melodion and of course the drum ( he practically drums anything he sees; my sewing can, biscuit cans...anything.) He has been trying to coax me in buying him a drum set. Looking at his level of interest in drumming, he will definitely not going to get one....well, just imagine how the house will be like if he gets one......Even without a drum set, my house is already the noisiest one in this housing area.
I have never experienced a quiet weekend....not after all of them are awake. They take turn in 'entertaining' me, usually it is the youngest, Danish who starts the music recital, playing his melodion, trying to wake his siblings up. When everyone is wide awake, then it is Dira's or Faris' turn, playing the piano or guitar. The house will sound more  like a recording studio if Faris takes out his electrical guitar.....When everyone is settled...has a seat surfing the internet or playing the monopoly or doing homework, then it is the captain of the house and his daughter's turn to entertain me. Here comes the singing session....the oldies of course; the Uji and Hail Amir's collections,  Broery Marantika and etc. Having the background music while doing my chores can be entertaining sometimes.......
One thing for sure, I don't have to buy tickets to concerts or musical performances...I have them all in my own house. 
This is what it feels like being surrounded by musicians......I love them all....:-)