Sunday, April 29, 2012

….because he knew how much she loved him and how less she loved the man…..


     Hisham hated that day when he had to leave the place. It was painful and devastated for him because  to leave the place meant to leave Suzana...again. He did not want to lose her for the second time, not again...he would not allow that to happen.
     Hisham was early that morning, not because he was excited to end the four-day programme but he had to see Suzana before leaving the place. He had sleepless night the night before, thinking of her, not wanting her to leave him and not wanting the programme to end. The four days of having Suzana near him were the best days of his life….after 11 years. He had enjoyed looking at her from afar, the way she smiled was still like 11 years ago , the way she looked at him, smiled at him and talked to him had made him love her even more. The four days had lightened up his gloomy life, and he would not allow those days ended just like that.
     His eyes eagerly explored the huge hall and halted at the seat on which Suzana always sat. The sound of footsteps at the other entrance of the hall attracted his eyes and there he saw the woman he had wanted to see walking up to where he was standing. She was walking and looking at him. He smiled and she smiled back. Only God knew how he felt that moment. His heart melted. He wanted to tell the whole world how happy he was and how he loved her. He desired to hold her in his arms and tell her how much he loved her.
Suzana stopped in front of him, still smiling.
“Sue, I love you..” Hisham whispered but loud enough for her to hear.
“I love you too..”Suzana replied finally, with shaky voice and tears in her eyes.
“..but I love you more, Sue..I love you more..” His husky voice sounded so sincere and true.
“Let us go somewhere and talk..” Hisham suggested to her and without any objection like the previous night, she nodded and smiled.
     He walked her to his car, and drove away from the hotel. He took her to a small cozy restaurant located 3 kilometers from the hotel. The place was quiet and they were the only customers that morning. They asked for coffee and breads. There was a short silence after the waiter left them. Hisham looked deeply into her eyes, wanting to know how she felt at that moment.
“You did not argue..” Hisham broke the silence.
“What?”
“You did not argue with me this time. You agreed to come here and talk..”
“I did not want to end it with an argument, Hisham. I would like us to…..” Suzana stopped.
“..to…what…to be like those days…?” Hisham predicted.
“No…not really…we can become friends..good friends..” Suzana’s voice was soft but did not sound very convincing. She knew it and Hisham could see it too.
“Sue, I want you to listen to me…listen carefully to what I’m going to say” He was firm this time.
“Sue, I want you to know that I love you, I love you, and I love you. I don’t want us to become friends or good friends, I want us to become lovers. I want you to be my lover, the one and only. I want to live my whole life with you, I want you near me, every day of my life. You are my heart and soul and I can’t live without you and your love…”Unlike Suzana, he sounded very convincing and confident of what he had said and Suzana knew that he really meant it.
    There was no reply from Suzana. She kept quiet and allowed him to look at her, searching for her eyes, demanding for a reply.
“I love you..I never stop loving you and these four days have made me realize that I love you more than those days in college..I will not let you go this time, Sue..” His last words were a little  threatening.
“Hisham, you know how I feel about you….but…”
“You love me, don’t you?”
“Yes, I love you but…I met someone and….”
“…and you love him too…Yeah, you told me last night how you learnt to love this man…Sue, you learnt to love him, but you did not learn to love me…you love me with all your heart…” Hisham was actually glad to hear that because he knew how much she loved him and how less she loved the man.
“I’m going to marry him, Sham…”


No comments:

Post a Comment